Saturday, June 24, 2017

Felt with the Heart

Hi all! Jamie here! 

I can't tell you how happy I am to be here sharing with you on this wonderful Saturday! I'm even more happy to say that at a recent scrapbooking weekend, I was able to finally get some scrapbooking done - like 40 pages worth! Even better, our very own Sabrina was at the crop with me! It was so wonderful to see so many potential customers drawn to her set up! Yay for Victorine Originals!

This is one of the layouts I made at that crop. I finished it this week with the perfect stamp from Victorine Originals.

These are photos of my oldest daughter and my amazing mother-in-law just a few weeks before she passed away. Ever since I took these photos, I knew I wanted to make a super special layout with them. These are some of my favorite photos of just the two of them during my mother-in-law's fight. It's been three years, next month, and it's taken me this long to even be able to scrapbook them.

It was around the Fourth of July. We loved going out on walks with my mother-in-law, and my daughter LOVED picking flowers and giving them to her. In these photos, they were enjoying one of those flowers and the wonderful outdoors.





I had to include the flower aspect on the layout, and I really wanted to draw out the red, and then the yellow of the flowers. My good scrapbooking buddies helped me find the perfect paper and flowers to work with this layout! The red page is a foiled paper, and the gold is glitter. They really make this layout super special. Adding a couple of coordinating doilies and some bling to the plethora of flowers finished it off.

Then I found the perfect sentiment. It's hard for me to know what to say on these layouts. It's hard to think of them as good times, as the end result definitely wasn't good, but I love looking back on those special days and I'm so grateful we were able to share those times. And, I hope and pray that my daughter will cherish these photos and use them to help her remember her grandma.

The Felt with the Heart stamp, a quote by Helen Keller, really spoke to me.




Thank you for looking at my layout! I hope it inspires some of you scrapbookers out there to give these wonderful Victorine Originals stamps a try on your layouts! 

Have a wonderful weekend and happy crafting!
       ~Jamie

3 comments:

  1. Such special memories. Thank you for sharing your layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jamie, this is gorgeous and such a beautiful tribute to your mother-in-law. I am sure your daughter will thank you one day for this. I lost my grandmother when I was ten ,in 1979. On June 22nd was her birthday and my wedding anniversary I take her favorite flower to her every year. When she passed I felt like I lost my best friend and till this day it feels like yesterday that I lost her. Grandmothers are special to little girls . Mine was extra special to me for certain reasons effecting my life but It seems like your little girl was just as close. I only wish I had pictures of my grandmother to cherish. Keep doing what you are doing these tributes are outstanding!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful layouts! I love all of the flowers that you added to them. These will be cherished for a very long time.

    ReplyDelete