Sunday, August 20, 2017

A good day to have a GREAT day!

Great day to you today! :) Thank you for joining me, Jamie, on the Victorine Originals blog.

I am getting ready for a garage sale (or I guess you would say avoiding that task) as I'm typing this post; and, thankfully, it will be over and finished by the time this shows up. BUT, it has inspired (and exhausted) me.

As I dug through all the stuff that my family has acquired, it inspired me to use different items and techniques for this card; it inspired me to pick up something I found at a local thrift store and use it differently; it inspired me to craft outside of my box.



I LOVE our local thrift shop. I go there frequently when I'm trying to plan a Pinterest Party for my work. While I was there the last time, looking for Christmas ornaments, I found this shiny purple ribbon. It's not really ribbon, it's more plastic, but it's purple, and that's what I love and what's important - and it was under $1, so home with me it came. 

I bought some plastic a few weeks ago, to make my own stencils, after I saw my fellow amazing design team members using that technique. I believe that plastic is still in its package - somewhere. But, when I saw this ribbon, I thought I could use it as a stencil and save myself a step.

I started by sponging ink onto a white card base through the ribbon stencil; then, I repeated in different places on the card with three coordinating colors. I liked it, but thought it needed something else. So, I went into my stash of papers and found this paper-like sheet. It's clear with silver metallic stripes; it's a hard plastic. It covered up some of the background, but then highlighted other parts - it was perfect!

But, I loved this purple ribbon so much, that I needed to add it to the card, too. From there, I just kept raiding my stash. I added a coordinating crocheted flower and some clear buttons.

Then I found the sentiment from this awesome Victorine Originals stamp set! I love being able to use clear stamps to get just the look I'm going for! It's a perfect set for card makers!




I wanted my stamped image to have the same type of look as the background of my card, so I played around with it until I got an image that wasn't completely clear. I ended up sponging ink onto my stamp, and then stamping the image. By using my stamp positioning tool, I was able to repeat that step twice more to get the color I wanted. I inked the edge of my sentiment, popped it off the card and I was good to go!



Thanks for taking a look at my most-recent creation! See more of my projects on my Facebook page!

If you find some time in your crafting space soon, join our newest challenge - Wings


Happy crafting!
~Jamie, Doin' it the Wright Way

2 comments:

  1. Very creative! I love how you used that ribbon as a stencil AND as an accent on your card!

    ReplyDelete