Sunday, July 23, 2017

Thank You From My Little Girl

Hello all from me, Jamie. :) Thanks for joining me on the blog today!

My five-year-old daughter broke both bones in her arm six weeks ago. I can't believe it's already been six weeks; it's been a crazy summer at our house! As soon as they found out, many wonderful friends and family members brought her a gift to help her feel better. We wanted to make thank you cards, and she loves to craft with me, but since it was her dominant arm, we were limited. We decided it would work well for her to paint a watercolor picture that we could use for the background of her cards.

I cut up her painting and matted it on 4.25"x5.5" colored cardstock (folded in half) for the card bases. Then I added the embellishments and the awesome Victorine Originals Stamps to make thank you cards for my daughter to send out.

For this first card, I used the Hugs And Kisses stamp. Even though it's not a traditional thank you sentiment, I figured it would be perfect for one of her aunts or her grandma. Then, I added some glittery pink washy tape with white shimmer trim over the top. I finished it off with some adhesive sparkles in shades of purple and pink.


For this card, I wanted to use the awesome Floral and Sayings stamp set. I had to play around with it to figure out the correct size of the flower to use, but then I added the Thank You sentiment from the same stamp set in the center. I used a couple of different colors of ink, layering them with my stamp positioning tool, to make it really pop off the card. I finished this card off with some coordinating brads and ricrac ribbon.


I absolutely love the how the colors ended up on this card background! I thought it looked like a perfect background, almost like a stained-glass window, for this beautiful flower stamp! I then added the Count Your Blessings stamp for the sentiment.


The lime green card base played well with the colors on the watercolor painting on this card. I simply took the thank you sentiment from the Floral and Sayings set and double matted it on white and aqua papers, then used the lime green background color to make a strip of color. Adding the sparkles off the corner of the sentiment gave it the extra flair it was missing.



I hated to cover up the flower my daughter painted for this card, so I just used the thank you sentiment from the floral and saying stamp set to run across the top of this card.



Thanks so much for joining me on the blog today!
Don't forget to check out our new Back to School challenge




Happy Crafting!
~Jamie
Doin' it the Wright Way ~ follow me on Facebook for more fun crafting ideas!

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your daughters accident. But what a wonderful way to spend time with your daughter, and to also help her learn the importance of sending thank yous. I hope she heals up quickly and completely. And that you also get some well deserved down-time, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kathy! I appreciate your kind words! She loves to create with me; I know I will cherish those moments!

      Delete