Thursday, June 1, 2017

Design Team Member Beth Fiscus

Sabrina here -I am officially introducing Beth Fiscus. 

She gets a different introduction than everyone else because she has been instrumental in helping me navigate the crafting world. She's a fellow Nebraskan and a down-right good person.

Sit down friends (or stay seated) while I share with you with a tale of beauty and wonder. (Are you impressed, yet?)

Journey with me back to January 18, 2017 when on a fateful Wednesday, Beth posted about using Victorine Original's 1502 Train stamp in a card. Then, she tagged the Victorine Originals Facebook page when posting it to social media. She couldn't have known the fate which would befall her.

As the owner of the page, I saw a notification about her post. I cruised on over to her blog and fell in crafty-love! All of her pretties! Such talent! Surely, she was a rock star, a giant among crafters. Would she have time to even acknowledge my thanks?

Timidly, I messaged her. I thanked her for tagging the page and asked if she would make more pretties if I sent her stamps. She looked down from her throne in tolerance and fondness! (She said sure and started posting images from products she made. The best part? She's the nicest person in the world to work with. If you get the chance, make her acquaintance!)

She asked me if I had a blog and I had to go searching to find that answer. Now, here we are, breathing life into this blog again! We have design challenges again thanks to her innocent question. When I saw the part on here about a design team, she answered my 100 questions about it and now we have eight talented ladies creating stunning designs.

I asked all of my design team members to send me information about themselves. Here's what Beth sent:



"I started being crafty at a very young age.  I was doing hand embroidery and using a sewing machine before I was even in grade school. Through the years, I have tackled many different forms of crafting, but my current crafting love is with paper.  I got my first taste in the paper crafting world when I made my wedding invitations, programs, etc. over 10 years ago.   I am a collector of beautiful papers and love to use them to create many cards and 3D paper items.  My single most favorite scrapbooking tool is my Silhouette Cameo.  Without it, I wouldn’t be able to create nearly as much as I do.  As a wife, a mom of three young boys and working part time as a nurse, I fit in crafting in the “spare” moments as often as I can.  It is my passion and my ME time!"


 This is the project that she's most proud of creating.

I need to get my hands on the template for that! So pretty!
 
She posts all her designs on her blog.
Follow her Facebook Page.
Check her out on Instagram.
See her pins on Pinterest.
Subscribe to her on Youtube.
 
I am so delighted you have read this far. Beth has become one of my favorite people and I am deeply grateful to her for helping me figure out which way I want to take Victorine Originals. I'm sure you will love her and her designs as much as I do.

Love and Crafty Kisses,
Sabrina

14 comments:

  1. I've had the pleasure of knowing Beth through the online craft community for 5 years and I have to say not only is she crazy crafty(yes, I have a craft crush) but she is the sweetest person. Even though I've never met her in person I still call her friend. Beth, I'm so very thankful our paths crossed 5 years ago, thanks for being the amazing person you are!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, Lisa I feel the same way about you! I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason and I am SO thankful our paths have crossed in this very large world. You are such a wonderful and sweet crafty friend (((HUGS!)))

      Delete
  2. What an amazing post about such a talented artist. I have admired Beth's work for so long now I have to admit to scraplifting her inspiration on more than one occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats, Beth!!! I know every word spoken here is true having had the pleasure of working with you in this crafty world many times! You truly are an amazingly talented paper artist and a sweet soul!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this!!! I've been friends with Beth for a while now and I know all of this to be true. She is amazing and the sweetest person you will find. She is so talented and her passion for paper shines thru her work. I'm so happy to be working with her again and with all of you on this design team.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Beth! And, yes Sabrina... Beth truly is one of the sweetest and most talented crafters you will find. I honestly don't think she sleeps with all that she does to inspire the craft community. She is AMAZING and you are very lucky to have found her. She definitely is one of my crafty BFF's!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been lucky enough to become Crafty Friends with this wonderful lady. I have nominated her many of times for the most craftiness person or most kind person in different essays for that is who she is. She has not only been there to help me with all my crafty questions but to listen to me in my personal endeavors and life. I don't know what I would do without this beautiful, inspiring person I now am lucky enough to call my friend. Love you Beth~!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beth is amazing in and out of the crafty world! She has done so much for me, giving me confidence in my craftiness. Her work is always beautiful pieces of art! You are very lucky to have her on your DT. Congrats Beth!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats Beth, such an honor to have a raving review written about you and every word is the truth! I am also honored to call Beth one of my crafty friends! She is absolutely amazing as a friend, fellow crafter and confidant! I am lucky enough to have worked along side of Beth on a couple of design teams and hope that will continue forever! She is an absolute gem and you are lucky to have her as part of your design team!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE Beth! she is an amazing crafter to work with and I love her work! Congratulations Beth!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so glad that so many people have seen what I see in Beth. She is a gem and I ADORE her!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness! It is so overwhelming to read the love that all of you have given to me! This is why I love all of my crafting friends. There is so much support and seeing all of the sweet comments has brought tears to my eyes. Sending hugs to each and every one of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic post about Beth.. and I have to agree it's ALL TRUE! She is amazing and I'm so thrilled she & I are friends! Congrats Beth! HUGS! :)

    Theresa
    Theresa’s Crafty Creations

    ReplyDelete