Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Nautical Hutch Card

Hello everyone!  Beth from Beth's Beauties here with you.  I am so excited to be sharing my projects on the Victorine Stamps blog!!   Today I am have a step by step tutorial for a card I created using Victorine OriginalsNautical Hutch stamp and Tim Holtz Distress Inks to add color to it.  

I stamped the Nautical Hutch with Versafine Onyx Black ink onto watercolor paper.  I die cut around the image and kept the GMD stitched rectangle die around the watercolor paper and shaded the image with Tea Dye, Salty Ocean and Weathered Wood Distress Inks.
That way, when I removed the metal die, there was a pretty white border on the paper.
Next, I added a small amount of water into the palm of one hand and clapped above the image, making the water splatter all over the panel.  I dabbed off the excess water drops after a few seconds.
After the water was dried, I watered down a little white acrylic paint and flicked it onto the panel.  I dried it with my embossing gun.
Here is the finished card!  I added patterned paper from DCWV's Beach House stack.  The watercolor paper was adhered to the blue patterned paper with Tombow Xtreme permanent adhesive.  I used foam tape between the layers of patterned paper.
This picture lets you see the water reaction to the distress inks and the white paint splatters close up.
The only embellishment I added to the card was a sailor knot using Totally White and Totally Kraft Trendy Twines.
I hope you have a wonderfully crafty day!

No comments:

Post a Comment