Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Heart Explosion Card

Here's a fun card to make.  It's a classic explosion card, but uses heart shapes.  This is a great card for Valentine's Day.  Kids also love making this card.  I've created a pattern for the explosion, but you put it in a regular 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 inch card.  (Oriented horizontally.)  So the first step is making a card.  I'll just wait here while you make your card.

Are you done already?  Wow, you're fast.  Now you'll need to print the pattern.  I recommend printing it on paper instead of card stock.

Click here to print the pattern.

Okay, you're ready to cut the pattern out.  Just follow the solid lines and cut on those.  The short dotted lines need Mountain folds, so I took a picture so you could see what I mean.



Now fold the other short dotted line as a Mountain fold, and the long dotted line as a Valley fold.  When you're done with your folding, you want your explosion to look like this:



The next step is to flip it over (so you can't see the dotted lines) and stamp on it.  Here's what mine looks like:



After you stamp on it, you'll need to glue it into your card.  This is easy to do.  Just fold it closed, (the heart should look upside down) and position it in your card with the point toward the fold of the card.  I took a picture so you can see what I mean.




Now apply adhesive to the side that is showing.  I used Mono Adhesive, but any glue or other adhesive will work.  Fold your card down on top of it, and press firmly.  Then flip it over and apply adhesive on the other side.  After you fold your card together now it should be all done.

Here's my final card!




And here it is opened up!




I'm in love with that flourish stamp, as you can see.  I stamped it on the front in Moonlight White brilliance ink, and on the inside using Sand Memories ink.  I think I'll be using it on all my projects for a while.  Sorry if you get sick of it!

Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you have fun making this card.  Feel free to leave me a comment if you have any questions, or just want to say hello.

Vicki

8 comments:

  1. Love the simplicity of the V-day card. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just finished a trial card while reading your demo, wonderfully clear instructions, Thank you My nephew is gonna love this card! Lwardenski

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a good idea !!! Thank you for share !!! Sure I'll copy you when I can
    Kiss from Spain

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I love this card, thankyou so very much for sharing this pattern, my foster children will love making this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Who makes the flourish stamp? I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Rhonda! It's a Victorine Originals stamp. www.victorineoriginals.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is there a new link for the heart pattern for the heart explosion card? I got an error when I clicked on the link. Thanks. I really like the card and would like to make it.

    ReplyDelete