Friday, September 25, 2009

Bubble Backgrounds

Hello fellow rubber stampers! Today I thought I would post a card I made for a technique challenge on my Yahoo Group called the Bubble Background technique. (Thanks, Beth, for challenging us to this technique!) This technique has been around a while, but for those of you who haven't tried it yet, now is a great time to get out some glossy card stock and your re-inkers!


To make the bubble background, you need a container, water, dish soap, glossy card stock, ink or food coloring, and a straw. The container I used was a paper cup, because I knew it would get ruined with the ink. I filled my paper cup half way with water, and put some dish soap in it. Then I stuck my straw in, and gently blew until the cup filled up with bubbles.

Now is the fun part. Squeeze a few drops of ink or food coloring onto the bubbles. Some inks work better than others. Pigment ink doesn't work as well as dye ink, and permanent dye ink didn't work as well for me as a washable dye ink. Food coloring worked the best. On this example, I used yellow and green food coloring together.

Now, after you have your ink on the bubbles, blow a little more to get your bubbles high enough to put the card stock, glossy side down, on top of the bubbles so they stick. When the bubbles pop is when it leaves the cool bubble image on your card stock, so I used a tissue and gently tapped the bubbles until they were all popped. Repeat as needed until you like the results.

The stamps I used on this sample were 3894-Woman's Face, 2547-Feather, 2879-Clock Minutes, and 74707-Thomas Moore Poem.

Happy Stamping!

Vicki

1 comment:

  1. Vicki I love this stamp and how you used it with your bubble background!!

    ReplyDelete