Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Quick & Easy Little Books

Hello fellow stampers! For my first blog post, I thought I would share with you how to make these fun little books. They are so cute, and easy to make too. I love making these for creative party invitations, as little note holders, or to hand out to people with information in them like your website or blog. You could write in one and put it in your child's lunch box. What a fun thing to find when you go to eat lunch.


To make a little book, all you need is one sheet of card stock, a roll of calculator tape, a gluestick and a paper cutter. (And things to decorate it, like rubber stamps, ribbon, etc.) That's it!

First, cut a strip of card stock from the end of your 8 1/2 x 11 sheet. You'll want the strip to measure a little wider than your calculator tape. I cut mine at 2 1/2 inches. (You want it to be 8 1/2 inches long, not 11 inches long, so make sure you have your card stock the right direction.)


Then fold that card stock *almost* in half. What I mean, is act like you're going to fold it in half, but don't meet up the ends quite all the way. I like to leave about 1/8th of an inch of card stock sticking out when I fold it. Then flip it over and do the same thing the other way. This makes your spine, like this:





Now, open it flat again, and fold each side in, *almost* to the spine folds. This is what I mean:




Now, all you need to do is accordian fold some calculator tape, and those will be your pages. I like to measure against my book cover, but if you're a ruler person, 2 inches seems to work fine for the page width. I usually accordian fold about three pages worth, with my ends sticking out like this:

Now to finish, just open up the flaps on your book cover, spread some glue on them, and close the flaps over your calculator tape ends. Like this:


Now you're ready to stamp and decorate! If you're going to add brads or things to your cover, you may want to decorate it before you glue your pages in, so you can hide the brad prongs.


Here's mine, all done up!


I used all Victorine Originals stamps, of course, because that's my company! I used 74675 Flower, 74704 Small Blank Tag, and 74706 Hello Friend. http://www.victorineoriginals.com

I hope you enjoy making these cute little books!

Victorine

11 comments:

  1. Woo Hoo! I'm the first post. Nice job Vicki, very easy instructions! Can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vicki, these are adorable. I miss coming to the store to make fun stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I miss the store too. It was always a fun challenge to come up with a new class each week. And talking with everyone was so much fun! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These little books are very cute! And looks so easy to make. Thanks for sharing! You did great for your first post on your new blog!

    Deanna A.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to try one. Thanks for sharing your talent.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute, I love making mini books and this one will make a great mini class project, thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun project! Thanks for the great tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute - and thanks for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your little book is just darling! Thanks so much for posting how to make them!

    Off to try this right away!

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely LUUUUUUUUUV IT! Thanks

    ReplyDelete